Little Miss 4 and I continued our creativeness using air-dry clay and made some beads!
- Air-drying clay - we bought three different colours to mix, green, blue and yellow.
- Thin elastic thread or a thin piece of leather
- Darning needle (you might need a needle to thread the beads onto the elastic or leather, but we didn't)
I bought our air-drying clay on-line from Eckersleys and it was delivered in two days (shopping on-line is easier at the moment with a 5 week old).
- Roll the three (or however many) colours of clay into sausages and put them side by side.
- Use a knife to cut sections of the same size through all three lengths together.
- Take a section of all three (or however many) colours and roll it into a ball between your palms until the colours are mixed together. Repeat until you have created all the balls.
- Using the toothpicks to make holes through the centre of the balls to make beads.
- Leave the toothpicks in the beads while they dry overnight (it may take longer than overnight).
- When the beads are dry, thread them onto the elastic or leather to make a bracelet or necklace.