This was a hit with Hubby and Little Miss 4 and really quick and easy to make.
These quantities made enough for two adults and Little Miss 4.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 slices of bacon (I use the middle rashers), chopped
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Pepper, to serve
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Prepare the cooked pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan and then cook bacon until crispy.
- Add the zucchini and cook until it is tender.
- Add the cooked pasta, cream, stock and basil and let simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with pepper and parmesan.
(I found this recipe on Stay At Home Mum and just modified it a little bit)